Search This Blog

Thursday, May 31, 2012

The Home Stretch


I’m now in the home stretch of my Liberal Arts degree at Prescott College. 

My final semester. It’s been a long, hard 3 years but there’s a light at the end of the tunnel: The Write Zone.
Thanks to Joy Taylor, Founder, Living Visions Now, for working with me again and being my mentor for Concepts of Entrepreneurship, and Leslie Carlson for being my Senior Project mentor. I’d like to thank these ladies for making the final journey with me and setting me on my path to future nonprofit success. 

My Senior Project will be an in-depth (hopefully) needs and opportunity assessment for The Write Zone. By the end of this semester I hope to know whether my idea is viable on its own, partner with another youth-serving organization, or take it in a slightly different direction. And whether or not I have what it takes to be an entrepreneur. As Leslie and I collaborated on the draft study contract, I came across WritersCorps and that gave me the idea (option?) to do something like that here. They don’t plan to start other WritersCorps' in other cities, nor am I allowed to use the name (which is fine), but it’s just another angle to look at; something else to look into when I’m doing my research. 

Hopefully, this semester will be more fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your advice/suggestions/tips/best practices about the nonprofit sector are appreciated.